Thursday, July 9, 2015

Several Auction Wins

Over the past few months there has been a collection of signed 1953 Topps that is being broken up and sold on eBay.  I picked up a few of them in the spring, and added a half dozen more earlier this week.  Five of them arrived today; #55 Mickey McDermott, #221 Bob Milliken, #240 Freddie Marsh, #241 Al Sima, and #256 Les Peden.  For some reason none of those five come up for sale very often. I only know of one McDermott and Milliken for sale, and had never seen any of the other three outside of personal collections.
Some of the signatures look pretty faint in the scans, but they are much bolder in person.  I'm now up to 118/274 (43.07%).  My goal was to get to 125 by the end of the year, which is looking very doable. If I'm lucky I may even get to 137, which is the halfway point.

No comments:

Post a Comment