Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sam Mele Return, Sammy White and Rip Repulski Purchases

I've been working a crapton the last couple weeks and haven't had time to post.  I have another Sam Mele return to report, this one on his 1964 Topps.
I mailed this on July 25th, and it came back on August 3rd.  The year after this card came out, he managed the Twins to the World Series, where they lost to the Los Angeles Dodgers.

I won a pair of auctions for my 1953 Topps project, bringing in #139 Sammy White and #172 Rip Repulski.  White was an All-Star this year, and caught Mel Parnell's no-hitter a few years later. Repulski was an All-Star in 1956 and won a World Series with the 1959 LA Dodgers.  They both are not easy to find signed, so I was pleasantly surprised to get them pretty close to the opening bids.
I'm now up to 133/274 (48.54 %).  I have a deal in the works with another Net54 member for some other cards, and hopefully they'll be here before I leave for school, on the 7th.  Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment