Monday, January 26, 2015

Dom Dimaggio Purchase, Gil Coan and Bob Del Greco Returns

It's been a while since my last post.  I have two returns and a purchase that I'd been meaning to post but hadn't gotten around to because I've been away at school.  I swung by home today and finally scanned them in.  For my 1953 Topps project, I received #48 Bob Del Greco with his $5 fee, and purchased #149 Dom DiMaggio off eBay.  I don't usually buy unslabbed autographs off eBay, but this one passed PSA's Quick Opinion service, which was good enough for me.  The other return was a 1949 Bowman, #90 Gil Coan.  Mr. Coan was kind enough to sign and personalize my card, my letter and add his own signed card. 
The DiMaggio was the second Red Sox card I've added this year from the set, which meets my original goal.  I will see if I can add two more players from the other Boston team, the Braves, by year's end.  By my count, I'm now at 76/274 (27.74%) of my 1953 Topps project.  I have a few more on the way, including one that was supposed to arrive today, but was probably delayed because of the weather. We're in for a massive blizzard here--my area is supposed to get 2-3 feet of snow, and Boston could get up to 40 inches.  Driving back to campus today, I-95 was a parking lot.  I think the fastest I went was 35 MPH, and that was only for a little while.  Pretty soon it got so bad that I got off and took the back roads.




No comments:

Post a Comment