Thursday, January 29, 2015

Whitey Ford, Wally Westlake, Ed Fitz Gerald Returns, Connie Ryan Purchase

After I finished digging out from underneath the blizzard that was dumped on my area earlier this week, I had three returns and a purchase waiting for me.  For my 1953 Topps project, #207 Whitey Ford signed his card for his $40 cash fee.  The purchase was #102 Connie Ryan.  Ford is the first Hall of Fame'er that I've added to the set this year, and these two brought me to 78/274 (28.47 %) completion.  My 2015 goals included getting to 100/274, which I'm well on my way to, and adding four new HOF'ers, which I'm off to a good start on.  The other two returns were both from the 1949 Bowman set, #45 Wally Westlake and #109 Ed Fitz Gerald.  My 2015 goal for this set was to add two more, and combined with the Gil Coan I added a few days ago, I've brought in three so far, with another request outstanding.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment