Friday, January 2, 2015

Goals for 2015

Seeing as I didn't get back in to the swing of collecting until the summer, I didn't have any goals in mind for 2014, other than to build up my 1953 Topps set once I decided to do that.  With that in mind, my goals for 2015 are:


  • Get to at least 100 signed 1953 Topps.  I'm at 68 right now, and 100 would give me 36% of the total.
  • Add at least four new Hall of Famers to the set.  I'm currently bidding on one, but I'm not sure which HOF'ers I'd go after from there.  I received an email from Yogi Berra's museum today telling me that due to age, he is no longer signing autographs.  I'd like to add him, but the cheapest slabbed one I can find on eBay is $225, so I'll hold off for now.
  • Add at least two new Red Sox to the set.  Again, not sure which ones I'll add, but eBay is looking rather fallow at the moment, so I'll wait and see what comes up later.
  • Get at least two more 1949 Bowmans signed.  I have five signed right now, all of which were TTM, and I'd like to get a couple more that way before everyone left from that set passes. 
That's all for now.  I may decide to add some more as the year progresses, and if these goals turn out to be too modest.

No comments:

Post a Comment